Thursday, August 13, 2009

Glenn Beck Advertising

Word is that there is pressure to silence Glenn Beck by getting is advertisers to boycott his show. Redstate has the info.

Here is the letter I sent to the advertisers who have agreed to boycott:

I am writing to express my support for Glenn Beck. I understand you have boycotted advertising on the Glenn Beck program.

Glenn Beck is not a radical. He is expressing an important point of view that is resonating with many Americans concerned with the power and influence of the Federal government.

I am concerned that your actions will stifle debate and have a chilling effect on free speech in the media. I realize that you are private enterprise not governed by the first amendment and you have every right to decide how to spend your advertising dollars, but it is the government that is pressuring you to punish this individual who is a voice of dissent.

I encourage you to reconsider your position on this. Investigate the facts and resist the pressure being placed on you to boycott his program. Glenn speaks for me and I follow his lead. I will not be doing business with you if you continue to boycott Glenn Beck in reaction to pressure from political action groups or PR firms connected to the administration.

No comments: