Friday, December 10, 2010

Off of Facebook

Yesterday I deactivated my Facebook account. I had tried to use Facebook to publish my thoughts and comments on modern society. Being as ubiquitous as it is, I like Facebook's ability to connect and share. But the format was limited. anything more than a paragraph or two gets overlooked, and most people on Facebook don't want political, economic, or legal commentary. They want Farmville, pictures of friends and famliy, and more light fare.

One of my concerns with Facebook is the tremendous amount of personal data that they collect and store. I may go back and reactivate my account sometime. It may even be soon. But I need to get back to creating more thourough and developed analysis and commentary.

Blogger is it for now, but I have privacy issues with Google too, so who knows.

No comments: