Monday, December 7, 2009

Today is the day that the idea of Google died for me

Google has pissed me off recently with their liberal agenda.  I have noticed they hide results of news items that are not in line with their political ideology (ClimateGate).  I also have noticed that it pains them to celebrate American historical events and traditions.  For  example, today is Pearl Harbor day and there is no mention of it on Google.  (My new search engine Bing, by comparison, put up a nice picture of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona Memorial.)

 

But here is a real kicker that Google CEO Eric Schmidt laid on the world:

 

"If you have something that you don't want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.”

 

http://gawker.com/5419271/google-ceo-secrets-are-for-filthy-people

 

That one there is a deal breaker for me.  I am sad because I thought Google revolutionized search and I also was a huge fan of their Maps and Earth technology.  At this point, I will wean myself off of any Google service and product that I can manage, which sucks because I was all in on Google and I use them for many things including email and blogging.  But if the CEO has that opinion about privacy then he does not understand the US Constitution and fundamental American principals. 

 

 

No comments: