Friday, September 14, 2007

Healthcare

Interesting article about the days before health insurance.  I think the answer to the health care “crisis” lies in less government involvement not more.  And before we attempt to do anything related to healthcare, we should  address the illegal immigration problem and the costs associated with this “system” that allows employers to make profits on the backs of employees while the public taxpayer picks up the bill for the social services of the illegal immigrants.  Applies to education as well.

 

Here is how the article begins:

“During the first 30 years of my life, I had no health insurance. Neither did a lot of other people in those days.

During those 30 years, I had a broken arm, a broken jaw, a badly injured shoulder and miscellaneous other medical problems. To say that my income was below average during those years would be a euphemism.

How did I manage? The same way everybody else managed: I went to doctors, and I paid them directly, instead of paying indirectly through taxes.

This was all before politicians gave us the idea that the things we could not afford individually we could somehow afford collectively through the magic of government.”

Read the rest:  http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=273790988274527

 

No comments: