Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wisdom of Children

Last night I was attempting to instill some personal responsibility and accountability in my 6 year old son.  I figured since he goes to school in California he is being bombarded by liberal messages, so a little counter programming would be a good thing. 

 

I told him that when he grows up he should not depend on the Government to provide him with things.  He asked why.  I said “Because if the Government is powerful enough to give you things, it is powerful enough to take them away.”  As I was about to continue, he interrupted and said.  “It’s better to earn it right Dad?”    “Yes son.  It is better to earn it” I replied with a great big squeeze.

 

It is amazing to me that a 1st grader has the ability to comprehend this, yet many of our 536 elected officials in DC fail to grasp the simple concept. 

 

Stop the bailouts.  Stop the Government power grabs.  Stop the nanny state attempts to control our lives.  And for crying out loud, stop the spending.  This country was founded on the backs of the individual trying to fulfill the American dream.  When the individual has the potential to fail, there is motivation to succeed.   This is the engine that drives us to prosperity.  If you owe your existence to a handout or a bailout, then you will just sit back and take what comes.  That is not the model for prosperity.  This is not what we want to teach our children.   

 

 

 

No comments: